I’ve always been quite protective of the world we live in. I spent a long time as a vegetarian, i recycle regularly, buy eco products… I thought i did my bit!
But when my Daughter arrived in this world, so tiny, so precious something stirred in me… I knew i wanted her to have a world worth living in. I knew my parenting style would be different to mainstream… I knew i had to do more.
When whilst breastfeeding little owlet showed signs of allergies to things in my diet, i realised just what goes into our bodies! I was horrified when she reacted to perfumes and i realised what went in them… And everyday i learned more i was shocked by.
A few days ago me and Daddy Owl put together a base list of goals for the year… I hope in actuality to get more done, but Owlet is only 5 months – so I’m not holding my breath!
1) To become more eco friendly, by cutting down on waste, and investing in reusable products.
2) Get our house and garden finished, with a home school area for Owlet and a vegetable patch to become more self sustainable.
3) Sell excess junk and de-clutter (up cycling where possible)
4) cut back drastically on processed food, and cook more from scratch.
5) Minimise chemical usage in our home and garden.
We invite you to join our journey, maybe we can learn from each other!